It is a rainy day and I feel completely unmotivated to clean my apartment so I loaded Charlie in the car and went to coffee shop in town. Tami is working there so I figured I would keep her company and catch up on my blog. As spring begins hunt season comes to an end. I don't have to ride quite as much as I did over the winter but the pace at the clinic is picking up. All the clients as well as our vet and intern that were in Florida have returned. Right now everyone is in the swing of getting ready for Rolex!
To end the hunt season there was a big barn dance I went to with 44, Rae, and Kent. It was nothing like the few barn dances I attended in CO. Apparently every person here is a profession ball room dancers then there was me.... lol! We still had fun though!! Toward the end of the night I even got Rae and 44 to do a little line dance with me.
What else has happened.... We attempted to throw Tami a surprise party. Allas everyone coming to the surprise part spoiled the surprise. We all had fun at the not so surprise, surprise party.
We played games, had pizza, talked etc... We got a game called the mouth game. The game where you put the mouth piece in your mouth and try to say a phrase everyone else has to guess. There was a lot of laughs... and some slobber.
For Easter I went to church with Tami. Then after church we went to a friend from church, Donnie's house for lunch. Spring here is so pretty. I have never seen so many flowering trees! The white dog woods may be my new favorite flower. The cows next door are having lots of adorable calves, everything is turning green and it is all wonderful..... Until an older bull calf jumps the fence and comes toward me while I am on an imported irish horse that has absolutely 0 cow smarts and proceeds to spin me right into a tree.... yea... that happened. I also was smacked by the flying metal of a breaking cross tie, had a box dropped on me, and acquired quite a few other bruises of random origin from just riding and my job... soooo all in all my legs are a beautiful shade of green for the start of shorts season and I gave a few people some good laughs in my Easter dress lol. But then again my legs have been varying shades of green to purple since I was like 11 lol.
I finally went to the orthopedic Dr. in town for my back. He reaffirmed that I have scoliosis, and spondylosis. He suspects significant disk degeneration although to tell the extent of disk damage I will need an MRI. I was prescribed methylprednisolone and meloxicam and will be starting biweekly PT. We hope this will manage the pain for a while.
I am trying to advance my riding experience as much as possible in all my spare time *sarcastic tone*. I have taken a few more jumping lesson, have been continuing my training with Shyla, fitting up Destiny, and even gave polo a try! It was a lot of fun and I plan to try it again soon.
That about sums up my last little bit here. I could go into detail of all the things I have been learning in the clinic but I am sure that would bore you all so I will end with some pictures of the beautiful Virginia spring.

To end the hunt season there was a big barn dance I went to with 44, Rae, and Kent. It was nothing like the few barn dances I attended in CO. Apparently every person here is a profession ball room dancers then there was me.... lol! We still had fun though!! Toward the end of the night I even got Rae and 44 to do a little line dance with me.
What else has happened.... We attempted to throw Tami a surprise party. Allas everyone coming to the surprise part spoiled the surprise. We all had fun at the not so surprise, surprise party.
We played games, had pizza, talked etc... We got a game called the mouth game. The game where you put the mouth piece in your mouth and try to say a phrase everyone else has to guess. There was a lot of laughs... and some slobber.
For Easter I went to church with Tami. Then after church we went to a friend from church, Donnie's house for lunch. Spring here is so pretty. I have never seen so many flowering trees! The white dog woods may be my new favorite flower. The cows next door are having lots of adorable calves, everything is turning green and it is all wonderful..... Until an older bull calf jumps the fence and comes toward me while I am on an imported irish horse that has absolutely 0 cow smarts and proceeds to spin me right into a tree.... yea... that happened. I also was smacked by the flying metal of a breaking cross tie, had a box dropped on me, and acquired quite a few other bruises of random origin from just riding and my job... soooo all in all my legs are a beautiful shade of green for the start of shorts season and I gave a few people some good laughs in my Easter dress lol. But then again my legs have been varying shades of green to purple since I was like 11 lol.
I finally went to the orthopedic Dr. in town for my back. He reaffirmed that I have scoliosis, and spondylosis. He suspects significant disk degeneration although to tell the extent of disk damage I will need an MRI. I was prescribed methylprednisolone and meloxicam and will be starting biweekly PT. We hope this will manage the pain for a while.
I am trying to advance my riding experience as much as possible in all my spare time *sarcastic tone*. I have taken a few more jumping lesson, have been continuing my training with Shyla, fitting up Destiny, and even gave polo a try! It was a lot of fun and I plan to try it again soon.
That about sums up my last little bit here. I could go into detail of all the things I have been learning in the clinic but I am sure that would bore you all so I will end with some pictures of the beautiful Virginia spring.

















No comments:
Post a Comment