Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Time to Post..... and post and post and post

Well, as I sit here with my broken back forcefully bed ridden by my wonderful co-workers who will absolutely not let me come in to work I figured I would catch up on my blog.... I have a lot so I am gonna split it into a few posts. First off being when mom and Riley came to visit!

We had all kinds of fun when mom and Riley came to visit. We played the mouth game, joked around, rode horses, ate.... a lot...., drove to Natural Bridge VA and drove through the safari park, visited the natural land bridge, drove some more, went on 4-wheeler rides, hiked, found some ticks, and all around showed them my life here in VA.

Riley has always amazed, and quite frankly irritated me at times, with her natural riding abilities. I tried and tried for years to get a well balanced seat... She has ridden all of maybe 10 times, hops on and has a perfect position... uhg lol. All of her life she has said "horses just aren't my thing" and has refused to give them a shot. She didn't want to be like her sister. Well, that is until her big sister moved away first to the mountains and now to VA. Now she has decided that she actually quite enjoys riding and would like to learn. To bad we are now on other parts of the country. Any ways while she has here I took advantage of her new found fondness of horses and we went on a few early morning trail rides. Lance and her were an instant perfect matches. Here are some pictures of that!



































Another passion Riley, mom, and I share is eating.... oh boy, do we love to eat. This trip was no acceptation. Mexican fajitas and the crab bake were our highlights! We ate so much crab i'm surprised we did not explode!


Before
Spraying her self in the eye!
After
No need to worry it was still good!



Yup, that was good!


Another night another meal
Our ride through the safari park was quite magical, we got to feed all kinds of crazy deer like creature, cow like creatures, and even llamas (shutters a little inside). We fed some birds as well! (I much preferred the buggies to the ostrich). Lot of pictures for this one!












After spending the day driving and with all the critters we went to the natural land bridge and enjoyed a hike that almost ended not so nicely when Riley saw a snake and stopped without alerting mom or I I what we were about to step on. Luckily we saw the snake right in time. Riley goes " my brain just froze and I couldn't say anything"! lol




To finish things off we went on a nice 4 wheeler ride to show mom and Riley more of the woods around the property.




So with all that.... until next time... I will miss you both!!

2 comments: