Happy New Years friend and family!!! Hope everyone is doing well. I am sitting down for a long post today! Skipped out on church and listened to a sermon online because well... I staid up to late and didn't want to wake up at 6 am to go to church. Shame on me I know. Anyways I hope everyone had a great Holiday season. Mine has had its moments of stress but over all has been a lot of fun.
To start out we all went to a Christmas Eve Eve party at a friend of Rae's house. We had a white elephant exchange (I got a little leather handbag and jewelry). It was a fun way to start of the weekend!
On Christmas Eve I opened gifts with my family over video chat. I got some amazing gifts including a little framed chalk board from Dustin and Remma that is in my kitchen with a list of things I need to buy, a paper towel holder and spoon hold from Tryphtin and Mihkala (although not the most action-packed gift it was probably the most useful for sure!!!), Some wood bricks with different quote on them from mom and my aunt (apparently sisters think alike since it was unplanned that they got matching gifts!). Mom also got me a bed spread with dogs on it, a gift card to dover saddlery, a waffle maker..... speaking of waffle maker I left some waffles in there, that is probably what smells like its burning, I will be right back.................................................................................................
Yea... just a little crispy! Anyways! I also got cute clothes from both the grandmas and my boss, a horse rubber ducky, sugar scrubs, home made soap,a target gift card, a mugs and hand made mug warmer, and candy from my co-workers. Once Tami got back from her family she also got me this book called The Food Lab that is as big as a stinking dictionary... you could actually kill someone with it! But it is absolutely insightful and fascinating and wonderful and I can hardly put it down. That is saying a lot for me because I hate reading! But there are all these scientific explanations to all the reasons different receipts can fail and how to fix the problems and adjust cooking methods it is great! And it is an easy read even if your not a science geek! I highly suggest it to anyone looking to better their skills in the kitchen. Like did you know you supposed to peel asparagus? Or that soaking parsley in cold water before cooking with it makes it less bitter? Who knew?! I also got lots of wonderful cards!!
One of my favorite things on Christmas is giving gifts though. I love the grand search of finding something I know people will love. I got Dustin a Game of Throne "Dinner is coming" cutting board, Tryphtin got LOTR wooden spoons and little measuring spoons in the shapes of musical insterments, Mikhala got a pitbul sweater, Remma got a sister in law mug, and Riley got a sister neckless. But I think the best gifts I found to give where these little costume made horse ornaments where you send a picture of your horse and they paint a matching ornament. And then also I wrote my sister tons of letters to open at all different times in her life and I had a lot of fun writing those to her! Here are some of the costume ornaments I had made for 44, mom, and Rae:
On Christmas day I spent time with my bosses' family. We opened gifts and cooked. I made some pretty yummy sweet potatoes (infact Austen vote the a best ever yoot yoot!) I will put the receipt bellow. Then Rae and Austen and I went for a ride. Austen tried out Dolly and it that was fun cause she is not anything like the types of horses he rides so it was a new experience! After all the backing was done we had a smoked turkey, a beer butt turkey, green beans and bacon, squash, pumpkin pie, and sweet potato's. It was quite the feast!! After dinner we all played cards until pretty late at night. We started with spoon (my idea). Then Rae wanted to play bull shit so we played that and it was kind of funny because Kent's mom goes "but I have never said those words in all my life!" so she said baloney instead most the game and ended up winning haha.
The following week at work was pretty crazy. Everyone says it get light over the winter... well if we were still playing cards I'd be saying bull crap to that because I ain't seeing it lol! We did all get a chance to put together a scrapbook for Tami and that was pretty cool. I got to learn more about the family and their story in doing so! Here is Charlie helping 44 write his letter to Tami and Charlie chillen with Tolver and Sunny while we all put the scrap book together!
To start out we all went to a Christmas Eve Eve party at a friend of Rae's house. We had a white elephant exchange (I got a little leather handbag and jewelry). It was a fun way to start of the weekend!
On Christmas Eve I opened gifts with my family over video chat. I got some amazing gifts including a little framed chalk board from Dustin and Remma that is in my kitchen with a list of things I need to buy, a paper towel holder and spoon hold from Tryphtin and Mihkala (although not the most action-packed gift it was probably the most useful for sure!!!), Some wood bricks with different quote on them from mom and my aunt (apparently sisters think alike since it was unplanned that they got matching gifts!). Mom also got me a bed spread with dogs on it, a gift card to dover saddlery, a waffle maker..... speaking of waffle maker I left some waffles in there, that is probably what smells like its burning, I will be right back.................................................................................................
Yea... just a little crispy! Anyways! I also got cute clothes from both the grandmas and my boss, a horse rubber ducky, sugar scrubs, home made soap,a target gift card, a mugs and hand made mug warmer, and candy from my co-workers. Once Tami got back from her family she also got me this book called The Food Lab that is as big as a stinking dictionary... you could actually kill someone with it! But it is absolutely insightful and fascinating and wonderful and I can hardly put it down. That is saying a lot for me because I hate reading! But there are all these scientific explanations to all the reasons different receipts can fail and how to fix the problems and adjust cooking methods it is great! And it is an easy read even if your not a science geek! I highly suggest it to anyone looking to better their skills in the kitchen. Like did you know you supposed to peel asparagus? Or that soaking parsley in cold water before cooking with it makes it less bitter? Who knew?! I also got lots of wonderful cards!!
One of my favorite things on Christmas is giving gifts though. I love the grand search of finding something I know people will love. I got Dustin a Game of Throne "Dinner is coming" cutting board, Tryphtin got LOTR wooden spoons and little measuring spoons in the shapes of musical insterments, Mikhala got a pitbul sweater, Remma got a sister in law mug, and Riley got a sister neckless. But I think the best gifts I found to give where these little costume made horse ornaments where you send a picture of your horse and they paint a matching ornament. And then also I wrote my sister tons of letters to open at all different times in her life and I had a lot of fun writing those to her! Here are some of the costume ornaments I had made for 44, mom, and Rae:
On Christmas day I spent time with my bosses' family. We opened gifts and cooked. I made some pretty yummy sweet potatoes (infact Austen vote the a best ever yoot yoot!) I will put the receipt bellow. Then Rae and Austen and I went for a ride. Austen tried out Dolly and it that was fun cause she is not anything like the types of horses he rides so it was a new experience! After all the backing was done we had a smoked turkey, a beer butt turkey, green beans and bacon, squash, pumpkin pie, and sweet potato's. It was quite the feast!! After dinner we all played cards until pretty late at night. We started with spoon (my idea). Then Rae wanted to play bull shit so we played that and it was kind of funny because Kent's mom goes "but I have never said those words in all my life!" so she said baloney instead most the game and ended up winning haha.
The following week at work was pretty crazy. Everyone says it get light over the winter... well if we were still playing cards I'd be saying bull crap to that because I ain't seeing it lol! We did all get a chance to put together a scrapbook for Tami and that was pretty cool. I got to learn more about the family and their story in doing so! Here is Charlie helping 44 write his letter to Tami and Charlie chillen with Tolver and Sunny while we all put the scrap book together!
Then for new years eve Tami had some friends over for laid back night of way too much food, champagne, games, more food, pelting each other with gunny bears, and singing along terribly to the performances on tv. So there you have it! That has been my holiday season! Very different then it would have been back home but I am glad to be working for a family that welcomes me into their celebrations with open arms!
Now for the receipts!!
"Best Ever" Sweet Potato Dish
Bake one small bag of sweet potatoes till soft them scoop into mixer (should be about 4 cups). Mix in 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 tbs cinnamon, 1/4 tbs nutmeg, 1 tbs jack Daniel's, lemon juice from half a fresh squeezed lemon, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Blend till smooth and transfer to a 9x13 pan . In another bowl cut 3 tbs softened butter into 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and1/3 cup all purpose flower. Sprinkle mix on to of 9x13 pan and place in oven at 325 for 30 minutes. Easy enough and very yummy!!

Other random news Jade is coming to visit this Friday!, My mom is coming the end of the month, and I get to be a grooms made in my brothers wedding! I am wondering if that means I get to wear a tux!? lol Welp that's all! Happy new years everyone! Here is to more adventures to come! But next... I am taking a nap!!














You are making your way just fine....excellent in fact. And I also LOVE those personalized ornaments you found. They really look like their horses. Cool. And Austin rode Dolly...I love it. Thanks for the update on my family too. I'd heard some...but not all. Good times.
ReplyDelete