Sunday, December 18, 2016

Fur babies are here!

It has been quite a week. All my animals got here a week ago Saturday. I have to say I am so happy to have them here! the horses seemed to be doing great together then Destiny started getting mysterious injuries on her legs. Sure enough I saw them butt to butt kicking each other real good. I is funny cause they love each other. I it is crazy how much they want to be together. The problem is when they start a lil bicker over food, my attention, etc neither give up and it escalates  to a pretty nasty fight. So from now on we are rotating through stall, pasture, and run on different schedules so keep them apart. It is simple enough to do. No use risking more injuries then they already have. I rode Dolly yesterday. She was so calm and willing when I rode her. We slid and spun and ran all while staying in control! Well she was any way... my seat on the other hand has become way too forward with all this English and I about flew over her head after one of her bigger stops! But man I have missed both my girls and m so glad they are here! Even though they don't really fit in... kinda like my saddle in the tack room!


Riley loves his new lady friends
This is happiness
Something does not fit in here!?

 Charlie has been a lil trouble maker. Although he loves his new friends (Sundance, Tami, the barn cats, etc...) he barks ever time I leave.... not good... so today (despite the fact it goes against what I know is best from a behaviorist's view I got) I got a shock collar for him. I just do not have the ability to do the behavior modification needed to get him to stop otherwise. Tonight he barked once with the collar and stopped... so I'll be hoping it keeps working! On a good note he loves helping me with barn chores. He leaves the horses alone and stays right by my side! He also keeps me warm at night and has a very hard time waking up in the am as can be seen in the following photos:








And he is awake!


Enjoying a bit of his new life!

Lastly Tami took some amazing picture for my Christmas card! I wont post the ones in my card yet but here are a few extras!





2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. It makes my heart happy to know that you are happy and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you getting settled in. Home sweet home (away from home)!! It's freezing back here!! Hope it doesn't move across to you.

    ReplyDelete