Sunday, November 13, 2016

Elections,44, Mexican Food, and Horses

What is new?
Well our president.... yea.... that happened... uhg! But come on people, lets put our big boy and girl panties on and grow up. If you are really so scared about the hate an inequality Trump shows maybe you should look in the mirror. I have had three friends deactivate their Facebooks because they voted for Trump and were being attacked through messages and comments for doing so! Trump can't destroy our country on his own but a nation of judgmental hateful losers can. I get why some of you didn't like Trump, neither did I. But grow up and relies just because people's views are different then yours does not make them any less of a person! Okay rant over. Any ways I have been trying to find a little good in Trumps win and I have to say a few videos I have been watching about him could be worse. I will keep praying that God guides Trumps heart to a role of compassionate and successful leadership of this country.

44 is still in the hospital. His surgery last 11ish? hours..... He is such a champ though. Despite the fact he is in all kinds of pain he still has an infectious joy. When the nurses ask him how the pain is he replies "at least I am alive right?" When I video chatted with him last and asked him how he was he gave me a thumbs up and said "can't complain, can't complain". My thoughts..." You just had 4 ribs removed and put into you head... pretty sure most people would be complaining! Yet, I am pretty sure Toliver complained more about his bath before you all left then you complained about the surgery." He spiked a fever today so if you could all join in praying that it is not an infection in the bone graphs he could use all the prayer warriors possible!! Here is a link to his blog if you are interested in following his story --> 44's blog
Toliver looking very sad when found out it was bath time

As far as things here at Bright wood and VEI it has been a lot of the same. Riding, working, doing school. And I love it! Been a little conflicted over the next step in my journey though. I know I want to continue on in my education and I want to work with horses but I am not sure vet school is the next best step. I love the work here and learning all about sports medicine stuff but I would like to end up down the road in a situation where I can have more of a relationship with the horses I work with. Like in a rehab center. Or my dream, a rescue that also works with teenage abuse victims. Maybe a combination of the two? The question is what is the best road to get there? Vet school? a physical therapy degree? a phycology degree? idk.... For now I think I am gonna finish up this semester of online classes then look into equine massage therapy and acupuncture courses. I will learn everything I can working for such amazing vets and no matter what path I choose I can use that and it will give me some time to sort out my next educational steps. Anyways here are some pictures of my week







And lastly my Mexican food receipts were requested so here you go!

Cheesy shrimp enchiladas! YUM!! (I add a tich more salt and chili powder then stated, also next time I want to try with a different meat. Maybe pork.... and add just a little chicken broth to the sauce mixture). Over all a easy and delicious creation. Tami and I talked about how Mexican food was like our comfort food. What is better then plane old Mexican food for comfort food? Cheesy, and creamy Mexican food!!

Cheese and shrimp enchiladas

Question! While on the topic of comfort food does anybody have a receipt and instructions for super smooth and creamy garlic mashed potatoes? Mine don't taste quite right and I can seem to get them the perfectly smooth and fluffy consistency.

Well that's all for now!!
BYE!



No comments:

Post a Comment