This week was very busy but good. Worked over time quite a few days, had a ton of school, and 44 came back from his surgery in Baltimore. You can't just come home from a surgery like that and not have a welcome home surprise so I made him a welcome home cake. On his cake I made his two favorite animals, Riley and Toliver. The cake was cherry with chocolate ganache. Not having much time to make it and very few of my decorating tools it could have been better but it was cute and he like it so that is all that matters. He has been in such great spirits since getting home. You would never know he had just had massive surgery. So after delivering the cake I went back to my apartment to finish school. I had to perform a lab and write up a report on it by 1:59 am (11:59 CO time). I finished writing it at 1:57 and submitted it online at 1:58. That is what I call spot on timing!!! I have perfected the art of doing too many things at once I guess lol! Anyways here are some pictures of 44, Toliver, and the cake!
After all that my apartment was quite the disaster and I spend the next couple days cleaning when I wasn't at work or doing school. Saturday I went for a lovely ride in the 70 degree weather! THAT IS RIGHT MY SNOWY CO FRIENDS! 70 DEGREES! I have seen all your blizzardy posts! It was a grand ride! Alas the wonderful weather did not last. We have had 30 to 40 mph winds starting right after we got back from our ride Saturday all day today and supposed to last tomorrow. So here are some pictures of what may have been the last warm ride of the year! haha
Then yesterday evening I made dinner and Tami came over. I put too much ginger in the good so it was.... interesting.... kind of made your tong go numb lol. I did not even use the full amount the receipt called for :(. Oh well... now Tami has a Nyki for me " Ginger". We watched skin wars till midnight then I was out for the count!! Today I went to church with Tami (again not sure how this girl doesn't get sick of me ;). Then we went to run our weekly errands after.... that then turned into a "lets design your first very own Christmas tree" adventure... and we didn't get home until 6 something! haha I spent way too much money but hey working these hours I guess I can spoil myself every now and then! Always have fun on Sundays with Tami but we may have to rename Sunday "Splurgeday". Now I need to meet some more friends and put on a Christmas party to show off what I got! haha. I will post pictures when all is up! Probably after thanksgiving. Tami and I were recruited to make pies for our thanksgiving so we shall see how that goes!
Last little bit of news.... We had our unofficial official three month evaluation and they want me to stay, I want to stay, etc!! So My horses are getting transport out with a ETA of December 10th!!! SUPER EXCITED TO SEE THEM!!!! That is about all on my end. How is everyone in CO? I love hearing from you all! Like this beautiful snap chat I got today that I just had to screen shot ;)
On that note bye bye for now!!!









You are a busy girl....but you make it all sound fun so good job! And that is neat you are staying and the horses get to come. Love the pictures of you riding. You look great on Riley. And how very sweet of you to make such a cool cake for Forrest!! You and Tami are a hoot together. The horse stuff is always harder in the cold...but you are a Colorado girl so you are tough. But that "humidity" cold is a whole new level of brrrrrr. Thanks for the update.
ReplyDelete