Sunday, September 11, 2016

Busy Busy

I have not been able to post the last couple days cause I have been very busy. Besides the normal work of bone scans, x-rays, ultrasounds, ordering, stocking feeding, turning out, bathing horses, etc etc I spent Thur evening with Tami (the other worker that lives onsite). We got Mexican food a few towns over and did some shopping. We talked ALOT. It is funny she seems to be one of those people I feel like I have known for a long time despite the fact I just met her. I told her I would help her make a cake so we spend Friday night and most Saturday caking. I think the difference in ingredient brands and the humidity kind of threw off my receipt for frosting. So despite the fact it was not my best cake by any means I really enjoyed getting to Tami her over the many caking hours. Then yesterday evening we went to a performance put on by A Place to Be. A Place to Be is a musical and theatrical therapy center that greatly benefited Forest (my bosses' son who is a TBI survivor). The performance was wonderful and despite the fact our cake was kind of meh people loved it. Tami took this picture because she was adamant I need a picture with me in it so my mom could see what I have been up to haha.


Also yesterday I had to take a horse to be euthanized. She had an injury beyond repair and here I guess the people active in fox hunting will donate their horses to the hunt dogs where they are humanely euthanized for the hounds to eat. This was a little  shocking to me but as I thought about it I guess I see nothing wrong with it. It is the natural way of things for the remains of one creature to be passed on to another. It is just a very different way of thinking then I am used to.

So on top of transporting this horse to the hunt I also had to drive a goose neck trailer for the first time. For those of you who have never been on Middleburg roads they are super tiny! like you have to drive down the middle of the road for a trailer to fit. So that was a little stressful but hey now I can say I learned to drive a goose neck.

Today and yesterday I rode O'Riley and my tail bones are more bruised then I thought possible. But it is so fun to ride around here. There are thousand upon thousands of acres that you can ride and most all are flat enough you can go just about any speed. I have just been riding western for so long because Destiny broke her leg, I need to get my English muscling and seat back. Rae offered to sponsor some lessons for me in forward seat riding so that should be a huge help and I am really excited about that!

Lets see... what else.... I have been trying to keep up with online classed and it is kicking my butt! I learned to drive a tractor, I absolutely love the people here... and that's about it... I will leave you all with some pics of my apartment.





4 comments:

  1. Oh thank goodness. I've been missing hearing from you! Love what you've done to the place...ha ha Your apartment is really cute! It sounds like you have been very busy conquering many news things. How very cool. And way to take them all in stride...well done. (I'm not surprised!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi baby girl! Your apartment looks great and so clean! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks Tami, keep those pictures coming plz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have your place looking really nice! Good to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete