Todays excitement was waking up to a torrential downpour outside at what would be 4:00 Colorado time to bring horses in and get to work. By the time horses were in and fed my shoes and socks were dripping wet, my hair looked like a drown rat, and through my hoody, some how, only one boob got wet. So I rode the 4wheeler up to work looking like a hot mess. We went over how the prep for a bone scan then I rode back to my apartment to change leaving puddles all along the way. The rest of the day the other tech and I bone scanned a very grumpy horse. For those of you who do not know, bone scanning takes many many hours and a whole lot of positioning the horses in strange ways, so that took most the day. I really like the other workers here. Most everyone seems friendly and fairly drama free. A nice break from some of my jobs in CO. My feet are killing me though so if anyone has some good supportive shoe suggestions please let me know!!!
I figured I would introduce you all to my room mates!
This is O'Riley, he is the goofball. He is the one who will grab your ponytail if you leave your back to him. He is all personality and a dash of ornery. He is one that is still actively ridden and does fox hunting
And that is it for all my roomies... maybe later I will introduce you all to the deer dogs down the way! As for now I am gonna ask if any of you have some good receipts for me to try!? Nothing that will cost a ton in ingredients but I am willing to stretch my skills. I got a few great ones already thanks to Lynn!! Welp that is all for today! Night all!
I figured I would introduce you all to my room mates!
This is O'Riley, he is the goofball. He is the one who will grab your ponytail if you leave your back to him. He is all personality and a dash of ornery. He is one that is still actively ridden and does fox hunting
This is Finn, he is the old trusty stead. He is retired from his riding carrier after being a great jumper. He is a gentle giant and has the sweetest eyes.
This is Lance, he is the youngest of the group. Because he is young he can still be kind of silly but he is a total sweet heart and absolutely stunning.
This is Bentley. Bentley is also retired, he can be kind of a grump but I really really like him. I think he has the cutest face expressions and I can totally relate to his moods
And lastly we have Calvin and Hobbes. Calvin is the friendlier one (I think.... haha still figuring out what name goes to what cat)... Anyways the friendly one is a total ham. He loves to be loved all over, meows at my door, tries to get me to feed him more then I am supposed to... that kind of thing. Hobbes is a lil more shy. He will come up to me but I have not yet been able to pet him. He sneaks around in the shadows.And that is it for all my roomies... maybe later I will introduce you all to the deer dogs down the way! As for now I am gonna ask if any of you have some good receipts for me to try!? Nothing that will cost a ton in ingredients but I am willing to stretch my skills. I got a few great ones already thanks to Lynn!! Welp that is all for today! Night all!





Way to get the horses in out of the rain....I knew you were a keeper!! And bless your heart getting soaked. And may your Colorado "time" turn in to Virginia "time" soon. Love seeing your roomies! I bet they love you already! Now get some sleep.
ReplyDeleteLove getting a sense of what you are doing!
ReplyDeleteCrock pot meals can be your best friend. Throw em on before work, and when you get home you have dinner waiting for you. Lmk if there are some particular dishes you like, and I'll try to get you some recipes for them.
ReplyDelete