This weekend has been a lot of fun... minus school :-P. On Saturday I got to go to the fall races. The fall races are a historic competition that started back in 1955. The races are a series of steeplechase races run back to back. If you don't know what steeplechase is think jockeys and racing meets cross country jumping.
Then today I start the day turning out horses and taking a long nap... and I got to say I am pretty sure that was the highlight of my week!!
Then I met with Rae and some of her friends off the property and went on a stunning trail ride over green rolling hills and by a creek surrounded by trees that are starting to change colors. The feeling of fall is so strong here. I am not used to nice falls in CO. But here it is like... if you think of everything nature wise anyone could ever love about fall and put in one place and then road a horse through it that was my day. You can honestly feel fall in the air. That sound stupid, I would have never understood that saying in CO. And this is just the start! the leafs have hardly started to change! Sadly I didn't bring my phone with me to take pictures. But here is a pretty cool tree stump! haha
Then tonight I went out with the entire family plus some family friends to celebrate Dr. Allen's birthday. Forrest killed me in pool. Honestly I think I am the worse pool player there has ever been! But it was a nice way to end a very nice weekend! Hope you all had wonderful weekends as well! I am off to bed! night all
Then today I start the day turning out horses and taking a long nap... and I got to say I am pretty sure that was the highlight of my week!!
Then I met with Rae and some of her friends off the property and went on a stunning trail ride over green rolling hills and by a creek surrounded by trees that are starting to change colors. The feeling of fall is so strong here. I am not used to nice falls in CO. But here it is like... if you think of everything nature wise anyone could ever love about fall and put in one place and then road a horse through it that was my day. You can honestly feel fall in the air. That sound stupid, I would have never understood that saying in CO. And this is just the start! the leafs have hardly started to change! Sadly I didn't bring my phone with me to take pictures. But here is a pretty cool tree stump! haha
Then tonight I went out with the entire family plus some family friends to celebrate Dr. Allen's birthday. Forrest killed me in pool. Honestly I think I am the worse pool player there has ever been! But it was a nice way to end a very nice weekend! Hope you all had wonderful weekends as well! I am off to bed! night all







Sounds like a beautiful ride. The trees sound gorgeous. You are keeping busy....I can't imagine how you fit school in also! Hope the week holds more naps...not likely! Keep up the good work. And don't feel bad losing at pool to Forrest. That guy has mad skills....he always wins stuff!
ReplyDelete