Saturday, September 17, 2016

Food, Trees, and Tractors

Again I haven't posted in a little while... So let me think about the happenings..
The clinic has been pretty calm. We did have one horse that was completely out of control. We drugged his with about twice the alpha-2 sedatives we normally do, had one person holding up his apposing leg, one person pulling his tail to shift his weight onto the leg being injected, a nose twitch and an ear twitch going and he was still managing to kick at the vet. I do not like twitching horses but those of you know in equine medicine it is often needed to complete a task to help the horse. But this but did not give a crap. He just wanted to kill someone haha... oi...

I rode O'Riley to an old Poplar tree that was huge!! I have never seen a tree stretch that wide! I am continuing to love exploring such a new a different area then what I am used to. I spent this morning cleaning, trying to find the source of dead animal smell. But I think it is in my vents because it is in every room of the apartment and gets worse when the air comes on :-P. Then I sat down to study and instead fall asleep for 5 hours haha! oops!

Here are some picture of my adventures


I have made two pretty successful receipts that I froze. I am gonna share them on here, mostly so I have them written down, but also if any of you want to give them a try they were both pretty good!

Wade's Spicy Chili:
Half bottle spicy V8
Half bottle Campbell's tomato juice
One large jar Pace salsa (I used hot)
1 lb hot sausage
2 lb lean beef
3 cans bushes chili beans
Salt and pepper to taste
Brown sugar to taste
Let simmer in crock pot for 12 hours

Enchalasagna (As Tami called it)

Sauce:
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 medium white onion, diced
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 Tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon table salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 cup spicy V8
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup canned corn juice

  • Preheat oil to medium high, athe onion and cook until lightly (3-5 mins). Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and oregano and fully combine. Add tomato sauce, V8, Corn juice, and chicken broth. Bring to simmer for 10-15 mins. Stir so it does not burn. Once fully simmer blend until smooth.

    Enchalasagna:
    • Enchilada sauce (above)
    • Mexican cheese blend
    • refried beans (preheated)
    • 1 Chicken breast (cooked and lightly seasoned to taste) 
    Coat bottom of pan with sauce, layer corn tortillas, then layer cheese, more sauce, beans, and chicken. Repeat until 3 layers deep. Pop in oven at 350 until all the cheese is melted (only took about 15 minutes)


    I am going to church with Tami bright and early in the morning to I best head to bed. Night all!

    4 comments:

    1. Well done. Another successful week....other than the stinky smell. Good luck with that. And nice job cooking up some stuff. And sleeping 5 hours...you earned that! And may no more horses-with-attitude need vet help. Goodness. And you will have to add lots more spices to the recipes I sent you...we are spicy wimps. Wow. I'm impressed you can eat that quantity of spice! I so should have gotten you bigger spice jars! ha ha

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I do like my food very spicy and flavorful lol!

        Delete
    2. Beautiful spot you found! And I might try that Chili recipe for the hubby and see if he likes it! And that first story is pretty crazy, wow, what an upset horse!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Try it and let me know what you think! It is very spicy if you use not salsa. If you use mild it is still a tich spicy but more a normal level of spice for chili.

        Delete